Monday, October 27, 2008

This blog post is dedicated to all the work-from-home mothers out there...

Since I work primarily from home selling real estate, I have the opportunity to be at home with my little darling most of the time, with the exception of a few mornings she spends at moms-day-out. Most people who know Anna Kate know that she is constantly putting on some kind of show for anyone who'll watch. Either it is a rock show (see earlier posts,) a cooking show, pretending to be a dance teacher, an acrobatics show, etc, etc.... you get the idea. On this particular day, while I'm on the phone with an attorney all day trying to tie up loose ends on a real estate closing, Anna Kate is coming into my office riding on what she calls "elephant horse" and performing various acts. First a comedic session where she tells her one and only joke, "What kind of monster likes to dance?...... The Boogey Man!" Then a dancing show where she does what she calls the "Too Coo Pango" dance, then she rides out on "elephant horse" and comes back to climb up the back of my office chair and tries to sit on my head! Thankfully, most of the attorneys, loan officers, and other Realtors I work closely with know about Anna Kate because they are used to hearing her singing in the background, so they ask me how my "little assistant" is doing. So, for all those work-from-home moms who wipe hineys while doing business, I know your challenge. I wouldn't trade getting to have my little girl home with me, however, for the world.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

GREAT post! Love all the pics to back your story!! :)

Kim said...

Karen,

LOVE all the pictures! I'm in the same boat as you...I just work out of my house and never go into my real estate office. And if I do go in, Cole just tags along with me! We are blessed to be able to stay at home with them!!

S. Wagner said...

I'm so glad you post pics and your funny blogs. It helps me keep up with y'all and see how big Anna Kate is getting. She looks like she's gotten so much bigger just since I saw her in August. Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow night.

Shannon Vines said...

Karen it cracks me up reading your blog. Anna Kate looks so much like you! I am so jealous of being able to stay home. I have my resignation letter ready for the day Matthew starts K5. I can once again stay home with the boys!