Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Life at home...

Well, we're settling into our routine as a new family of four now. Anna Kate loves her baby sister, but sometimes thinks Kinley is old enough to do the things Anna Kate wants to do:) She likes to push her higher on the baby swing.....(I have to keep an eye on that!).... likes to teach her hopscotch (I REALLY have to keep an eye on that!).... and when I turn my back, likes to try to pick her up (I'm a nervous wreck!) We're really having to do a lot of teaching about what little girls CAN do with the baby and CANNOT do with the baby. I'm so happy that she's so loving to her little sister, though, and wants her to hurry up and be a play mate.

Here are some pictures of my two girls hanging out in what we call the "Ladies Lounge" (aka: my bedroom sitting room.) This is where we go to watch Disney movies and relax after school. Anna Kate likes wearing her matching Big Sister and Little Sister shirts. I have a feeling this won't be the only matching outfits they'll have together.

Enjoying my blessings! Bye for now!

7 comments:

Ally said...

Awe Karen she is precious!! I can't wait to see her in person!!!

Goldilocks said...

So cute! My girls have been matching for 3 years now. Kylie still wants to look like her little sister. I keep waiting on one of them to protest but they still love it.

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

OH YES, THERE IS NEVER A DULL MOMENT WITH MORE THAN ONE CHILD IN THE HOUSE!! JAX IS ALWAYS SO HAPPY WHEN THE BOYS ARE AROUND AND WILL JUST LIGHT UP AS SOON AS HE HEARS THEIR VOICE!!

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL AND I HOPE YOU ARE GETTING SOME REST(I KNOW IT DOES NOT COME EASY:)!! I CANNOT WAIT TO MEET THAT PRETTY LITTLE GIRL!!

Andrew and Sara said...

She is so pretty. Anna Kate is a natural at being a big sister. Can't wait to see you all again.

Unknown said...

Karen & Chris, the girls are just precious! You will have so much fun with the two of them. Can't wait to see them both.

Diane

acgrill said...

She is so pretty. I am ready to have another baby but then I look at everyone's blog and second guess myself... Anyhow you have two beautiful girls.
Hope to see you soon

Landrum Family said...

What a pretty baby! Anna Kate looks so proud of her new baby sister. It sounds like you guys are going through the same things we are with Hal. He thinks he should "help" a little more than we feel is necessary (to put it nicely)!