Thursday, May 21, 2009

We're Back!

So, I know I'm terrible lately about updating this blog, but things have been busy around here lately. Since our last update (Disney Trip) we had Anna Kate's 4th Birthday, her dance recital, Aunt Sherra's baby shower, Mother's Day and much more. Our family is doing great. We are excited about our baby girl who'll be arriving sometime in mid-August. We've already named her: Kinley Elizabeth Elliott. We're currently working on getting her room ready so that we won't be finding ourselves so busy at the last minute. Chris painted the nursery today and I'm excited to start the decorating! I've been blessed to have Chris home a lot lately, as his help with all the projects I've got going has been priceless. He has been off of work since February, but God has blessed him with lots of new doors opening. He's interviewing for jobs every week and we're hoping that the right one will come along soon. I'm impressed at how he's treated his job search like a "job" and has been so diligent every day with furthering the process. I never realized how organized the man was until I started seeing him in action every day. I will miss him when he goes back to work, but am excited about whatever new opportunity the Lord has in store for him. I think he's excited to begin something new, as well. As for me, not much has occupied my mind other than getting ready for baby Kinley, spending as much time with Anna Kate as I can while we await baby's arrival, and trying to get some of these houses I have listed SOLD before Kinley gets here! Although, the economy has turned our job situation upside down for now, the Lord has taken care of us and blessed us every step of the way. He is in control of the situation and we give praise to Him for all of the blessings that we've enjoyed during this time, most especially the amount of family time we've all had together lately. Anna Kate and I are spoiled having Chris around so much because he takes such good care of BOTH of us. Chris is facing some final rounds of interviews this upcoming week for some companies he's interviewed with, so please keep him in your prayers as he continues this process. We are at peace knowing that God has a plan for us in this. Our latest pics that I'm posting here are from some of the fun things we've done lately: fishing with Anna Kate, Sherra's baby shower, and Anna Kate's dance recital. Enjoy!









No comments: