Saturday, September 13, 2008

First Day of Dance Class




Anna Kate LOVED going to Mrs. Lynn's dance class. In fact, she's asking me every day, "Is today the day we go to dance?" I was the only mommy in there snapping pictures, but Lynn was nice to let me have a few minutes to grab some photos of the class before she shut the door and started class. I wanted so badly to see the little girls dancing in there, but they have a "no Moms in the class" policy that I think is VERY SMART of Mrs. Lynn. Prior to starting class that night, we spent the entire day all over town looking for a black leotard to fit Anna Kate. Everyone had them, just not in her size. It was the first time I realized what all my mom must have gone through when I was taking dance, piano, softball, and my sister was a head majorette at the high school, and my brothers played baseball (ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!) She was a true Supermom. We "kept the road hot" as my dad always said... ha ha. I don't know how she kept track of everything with all 4 of us! Anyway, we're off to a good start now with our first official extracurricular activity.

4 comments:

The Lantrip Family said...

She is too cute in her dancing clothes! Reminds me on the Mrs. Ila days when your sister would pick me up like an elf and put me under the tree at X-mas time, hehehe! She is adorable!!

dianew said...

What a little doll! I just hope Kate will begin to like it more - she is so shy!Anna Kate will be a little pro at dancing before long.

Love,
Diane W.

Jason and Michelle said...

Hey Karen! I saw your sweet little girl at dance Tuesday. She is a doll! Teri Kate just moved up to the older class. I'm sure we will be seeing each other alot.

Rachael and her fellas said...

Hey Karen! I saw Anna Kate and Chris at the park on Sunday afternoon. She is so beautiful and a very friendly little girly girl. She looks so much like you that it is scary (not in a bad way) but just to know that she can look soooooooo much like you. Talk to you soon, take care.
Rachael